Wednesday 2 November 2011

Chaotic Witchery Aromatherapy Essential Oil Scents

 I meant to blog sooner explaining the tangential bespoke aromatherapy essential oils "Potions" page that magically appeared on my site, but I have a lot of things to get done and not enough hours in a day, and so I forgot.

Attn: Men. Do not hit "back" thinking these are just for girls, I make these for guys too and have a had a lot of lovely feedback saying how brilliantly effective they are. *girlie blush*

Smell plays a huge part in unconscious interaction and has been identified as being the most common trigger of memory. There are countless examples I could chatter on about, detailing the role scent plays in our lives, but this post is Why I Make Perfume and not Sensory Biology 101, so we shall skip further explanation of what scents can do, and look at ways I find them useful.

I have heightened senses anyway but doubly so with smell. It's something I pay a lot of attention to as I can't just tune it out like most people.  Nice smells are a big part of what having a happy and productive living/working space means to me.

I don't like artificial scents. They are full of chemicals, their energy feels "off"..flat, lifeless... and they don't last well. Nor am I a fan of brand names.. mass appeal is not my thing; I don't want to smell the way fashion or the media dictate, plus I want to buy a quality product rather than an image.

I have been playing around with perfume oils for many years. "Playing around" became "experimenting with for desired effects" and flattering, yet simple fragrances became carefully crafted perfumes; multi-layered compositions alive with depth and energy.

Aromatherapy practitioners make use of essential oils for their therapeutic, healing and energetic properties. I love them because they smell awesome, they're natural.. the energy feels good to me.. and they have the longevity that I value.

I take many attributes into account when I source my ingredients; not only the smells and how they compliment and enhance each other, but also volatility, origin, element, and how they react to body chemistry. Intuition plays a part too, and has led to some truly stellar creative innovation.

Factor in the personal energy of the wearer, the desired energy effect (enhanced by my energy work as I blend the oils and craft the bottle) and a myriad subtleties of intent and you have something unique, long-lasting, beautiful and powerful.

 The bottles I use are high grade dark glass to filter out light which can degrade the potency of the essential oils. I use acrylic paints to decorate them, which gives a textured feel.

Just a few drops of my potions will make you smell good all day because the high quality oils I use are potent and lingering. As different scents evaporate at different rates, they evolve as the day goes on, and you will smell different "notes" coming through, which makes them fun and stops you tuning them out.
They mold themselves to the wearer and become a signature scent, or a bit of fun, or everything in between.

My lab rats found many uses for them, including use in room sprays, oil burners and bong water (<--that's thinking outside the box!). They can be used to help you ground and centre yourself, for relaxation, confidence and energy, to uplift mood, to calm, to enhance communication, to repel spiders and bugs, to attract opportunities, to create a sense of space in a  busy environment and to draw people to you. That's not an exhaustive list.. feel free to add to it.

I love the whole process of making these special perfumes; a good metaphor would be that I put my heart and soul into them, but we all know I possess neither ;)

I'm offering them for sale now because it feels like the right time, and the right direction for me to head in. I've been wanting to get away from formulaic spirituality forever, and this is a good way of standing out from the crowd, while doing something I love, making a living and creating something beautiful, by way of self-expression.

It's an immortality of sorts to send out lots of little freaky, sentient perfume-y children into the world ;)

"Chaotic Witchery" is a name I landed on pretty quickly.. it sounds pleasing to me and encapsulates what these bespoke aromatherapy essential oil blended scents are all about; Chaos.. that's me, and Witchery as in enticing, charismatic, sensuous, arcane, hypnotic, be-witching and eldritch.






"It's like a vat of acid with a PIE in! roll in, victims!"

No comments:

Post a Comment